Help – System requirements
System requirements for the repair and maintenance information
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (to open PDF documents)
- Operating system: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Web browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 - 11 (other web browsers are not compatible)
System requirements for the Offboard Diagnostic Information System diagnostic software
The Offboard Diagnostic Information System diagnostic software is a program which supports an SAE J2534-compliant interface (diagnostic interface). This software allows you to perform diagnostic work on the TGE.
During vehicle diagnostics, you also have access to the following information:
- Vehicle data
- Repair manuals
- Circuit diagrams
This information is available exclusively in the diagnostic software during an active diagnostic session.
The following requirements must be met for operation of the Offboard Diagnostic Information System Service diagnostic software:
- Operating system:Microsoft® Windows 10 (64 Bit) with Internet Explorer 11
- CPU: recommended: 2 GHz dual-core processor
- RAM: at least 2 GB, recommended: 4 GB + activated virtual memory
- Hard drive: at least 10 GB free storage
- Graphics: at least 800 x 600, recommended: 1024 x 768
- One free USB port for the diagnostic interface
- Online connection
- Libraries (DLL) for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
The following VAS diagnostic interfaces are supported:
- VAS 6154 (WiFi-capable)
In addition to the indicated VAS diagnostic interfaces, other SAE J2534-compliant diagnostic interfaces are supported by the Offboard Diagnostic Information System.To start up, the relevant box should be connected with the diagnostic tester via the USB port and the appropriate driver software installed.Administrator rights are required for software installation.
The PassThru devices (VCI) with SAE-J2534 conform interface used must be validated for communication with the ODIS Service.Information as to whether the device used is already validated can be requested from the respective manufacturer of the PassThru device.No support can be guaranteed by ODIS Service for PassThru devices that are not validated.
The password rules have been adapted in the Volkswagen Group. The password is valid for all applications, e.g. Offboard Diagnostic Information System and GeKo.
When choosing a password, the following minimum requirements must be met:
- at least 10 characters
- at least three of the following four character categories: upper-case letters, lower-case letters, numbers, special characters
- maximum of two identical characters in succession
In order to be able to change the password every 90 days, you must log in via the following link: https://dealerportal.vw-group.com/login/login_de.html
To log in, you must choose the option "Login with Global User ID".